The Chester County Running Store is locally owned and operated
Owner Kevin Kelly, a West Chester University Alumni, continually pour energy into the store to keep their business operating smoothly. Kevin, along with their staff, strive to provide their customers with the best possible service and advice. By offering their time and knowledge, they have been able to create a highly successful business in Chester County.
Catering to a niche demographic, the store and its staff are able to satiate the needs of their clientele. Kelly and staff realize that proper training begins from the ground up. It is for this reason that they insist on fitting each customer for the perfect shoe for their foot. We take pride in properly evaluating each person’s foot strike and listening to their training story in a quest to put them in the proper shoe.
- Co-Owner of CCRS
- West Chester University Alumni, Class of ’86
- Current Health & P.E. Teacher @ Henderson HS
- Current Head XC and Track Coach at Henderson High School.
- Coached 5 State Team Champions and 2 State Runner Up teams in XC. 2 Time NXN qualifiers.
- Coached 6 Individual State Champions and 4 State, 1 National and 1 Penn Relays Championship Relays. 4 All-American Relays and 3 Individual All-Americans.
- Coached at WCU from 1991-2001.
- Coached at the Westtown School from 1986-1991.
- Coached at Roslyn Swim Club from 2007-2016.
- Favorite Shoe: Original Brooks Glycerin
- Mile – 4:13
- 3000 – 8:24
- 5000 – 14:17
- Oakbourne 5k – 16:02
- 8k – 23:17
- 10k – 29:10
- 10 Miles – 49:52
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:06:07
We Love Running
In 2001, after a few months of preparation and hard work, the store first opened its doors in Downingtown, PA. Kevin and Rob Jones worked diligently to keep the business operating smoothly.
By 2003 however, Kevin began teaching and coaching at West Chester Henderson High School. Operating the store via the Downingtown location became more difficult. Later in 2003, a store front in West Chester became available for rent. Kevin knew that this was the time to get a store in West Chester established.
In late 2004, the Chester County Running Store launched its West Chester location. Once open to the public, it was clear that this location was more successful and more convenient for both the staff and customers.
As it turns out, the store has done more than supply the needs of the local runners. It also provides local runners with a place to discuss running, a venue to meet for training runs, a sponsor for charity racing events as well as a spot to ask any questions one might have regarding the sport. Kevin has accomplished what he originally set out to achieve. CCRS has become a thriving business purely based on knowledge and love of the sport.